Fees and disbursements should be clearly understood by the client dealing with any professional. This should not be mysterious and surprising when receiving an invoice.
What the client will pay.
At Marc J Coderre Professional Corporation, the client is charged for:
Mr. Coderre’s hourly rate for his services which include, and are not limited to: meetings with the clients or other professionals on his behalf (if instructed), telephone calls, drafting of documents, written communications, telephone calls in connection with the file, negotiations, attendance at court hearings, attendance at mediation, attendance at questioning, attending at Arbitrations, preparation for any hearing in relation to a file. In summary, the client pays for the normal services provided by a lawyer.
At Marc J Coderre Professional Corporation,the client is not charged for the following:
- A fee for work performed by a legal-assistant or a by a clerk or any other person than Marc J Coderre;
- A file opening fee;
- Normal day-to-day photocopying fees;
- Local postage fees;
- Long distance calls in Canada or the USA made by the firm on behalf of clients;
- A charge for faxes sent or received;
- Parking fees.
At Marc J Coderre Professional Corporation,the client is charged for the following:
- Courier fees;
- Process server’s fees for services and disbursements relating to the issuing, service and filing of court documents, attendance at court to issue a pleading a motion etc.;
- Mandatory court filing fees;
- Transcript fees if required and agreed to by the client;
- Mandatory Law Society fee;
P.S. All family lawyers usually charge for the disbursements described above.